Turkey Tours by Local Guides
10 Interesting Facts about Cappadocia You Should Know
07 Jul 18 - 06:27
Are you planning to visit Cappadocia? Want to book Cappadocia tours from Istanbul? Please check out all the details about Cappadocia before moving ahead:
Introducing Cappadocia –
The otherworldly landscapes of Cappadocia are famous for their exceptional rock formations and incredible hot air ballooning opportunities. It’s one of the most popular natural wonders throughout Turkey. The unusual honeycombed boulders emerge from the Central Anatolia plateau, are served as the spectacular backdrop for fascination and history.
Here are few interesting facts you should know before taking Cappadocia tours from Istanbul:
1. The landscapes of Cappadocia were formed by volcanic erosion. The thick ash solidified into a soft rock known as tuff. Over the time the soft rocks eroded with water and wind have created the iconic fairy chimneys you see today.
2. Cappadocia spans a distance of 5,000 kilometres. It sits on an altitude of over 1,000 metres, cutting through the Anatolian provinces like Nevsehir, Nigde, and Keyseri.
4. There are extensive numbers of underground cities in Cappadocia; some are connected by a great network of tunnels. These subterranean settlements were made possible for the pliability of the soft rocks. Many of them remain open to visitors while a lot of the lands in the area are the private properties.
5. The name “Cappadocia” is derived from the Persian word – Katpaktukya that means “the land of beautiful horses”. In the ancient times, the region was known for its equine offering. Horses are still important reasons for the locals who call Cappadocia their home. They offer an alternative mode of transportation for visitors.
7. Music concerts are hosted in the surrounding cave buildings throughout Cappadocia, including the week-long Cappadocia Music Festival showcasing orchestras and choirs.
8. There are 600 churches carved from the soft Cappadocian rock and many more that have not yet been discovered. They date back to Medieval times and display striking painted frescoes that have retained an incredible amount of color and detail over the centuries.
10. Cappadocia is a large grape producer. It’s believed that wine making has a long history here. There are huge numbers of wine tasting shops where visitors can sample the gods and wines from the region have awarded by international awards in the recent years.
It’s time to book Cappadocia tours from Istanbul through Turkey Tours by Local Guides and enjoy the most out of Cappadocian delights. There’s no way we can explain completely that how beautiful Cappadocia is. You should come and see yourself. Please check out our Cappadocia tours from Istanbul at http://www.constantinopleguide.com/.
Tu Sitio Web Gratis© 2018 Turkey Tours by Local Guides